Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Peach Glaze

I'm still new at cooking, so there are certain things I haven't learned. Things like the fact that a package of pork might contain two tenderloins. Can you guess what happened? I put this in the freezer when I bought it because I already had meat to cook, and then I thawed it for a specific recipe. When I realized I had... twins... I had to figure something out. I may not know pork tenderloin is sometimes sold by the pair, but I do know not to refreeze meat. Genius.

A simple pork tenderloin is quite possibly the easiest meat to prepare. I had no idea until I did it for the first time, but now I know not to be too impressed when people serve it to me. Ok, I'm kidding! But seriously, this is crazy easy, and it's delicious.

Pork Tenderloin with Peach Glaze
www.chefjennylyn.com
1-lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
Pampered Chef salt and pepper (trust me)
1/4 cup peach preserves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Sprinkle pork tenderloin with salt and pepper
Bake 20 minutes
While pork is baking, bring preserves to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced, about ten minutes.
Brush glaze over pork. Turn on broiler, and broil 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


The Bamboo Grinder Set is fun and attractive. On top of that, these pieces house the world's best ingredients: Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Yes, you can use other brands, but I don't suggest it. High quality salt and pepper can make a huge difference in your cooking. Vegetables can be done without any other seasoning, and a pork tenderloin can come off tasting like it's from a restaurant. The Medium Bar Pan is my favorite Stoneware piece right now because it's a great size for the cooking I do.


My peach preserves were given to me by a friend, and she canned them herself. I've never had peach preserves that even came close to these, and they were especially good on the pork. I won't mention my friend's name because I don't the masses to line up outside her house demanding jams and jellies. It just wouldn't be right. Anyway, I'm reducing this in the 1.5-Qt. Saucepan from the Executive Cookware Collection. Notice the flared rims to prevent drippng and the silicone handle for comfort. This cookware does everything you could want, and it even goes in the oven! My Skinny Scraper stayed in the pan while I took pictures because I didn't have to worry about it melting. Why? Because the silicone scrapers are heatsafe to 650 degrees.



After 20 minutes, the pork comes out and gets a good brushing of peach glaze. I absolutely love the Silicone Basting Brush because I never have to worry about it melting when I do things like this. Combine that with the fact that hardened peach preserves wash out easily in the dishwasher, and I think you've got an unstoppable tool. Again, I'm using the Medium Bar Pan, and this one is nice and seasoned.


Pork gets a bad rap for being dry, but the problem is people, not pork. With the Digital Pocket Thermometer, you know exactly when to stop cooking. I love that the reading is digital, but I feel flat out spoiled by the storage tube. Cheat sheet! Using a thermometer helps keep meat tender by telling you it's done at the right time, but it also prevents juice loss. If you use the "until juices run clear" method, you run the risk of tough meat. With pork, that's not a risk worth taking.

This pork tenderloin is the perfect main dish for someone who doesn't know anything about cooking. Make it, and get ready to impress!

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464

No comments:

Post a Comment