Saturday, October 26, 2013

Parmesan Roasted Potatoes


I doubt I'm the only person whose heart flutters a bit when she sees a nice pile of perfectly roasted potatoes on her plate.  I mean, who doesn't like hot, delicious, perfectly seasoned spuds?  Add some cheese to the equation, and we're talking heavenly!  My sister and I enjoy sharing recipes with one another, and as much as we appreciate a main dish suggestion, we find ourselves indebted to one another over a successful side.  I mean, side dishes are tough!  You can spend a ton of time and energy on them, and what if they're failures?  (This is where I still find myself mourning the butternut squash bread pudding that cost a fortune but tasted horrible... the one that my dad specifically asked me to never make again... the one that taught me a magazine can make a picture look pretty all day long, but pretty doesn't always translate to edible.)  When Betsy told me she'd found a potato dish she knew would be a steady repeat for her, I was sold.  Now it's in my arsenal, and I'd like to extend it to yours.

Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
chefjennylyn.com

4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Rub your stoneware with a little bit of olive oil to make sure that beautiful, delicious cheese doesn't stick.  Let's not leave any of it behind, friends.

Cube the potatoes to about 3/4-inch on all sides.  Place them in the dish.
Pour remaining ingredients over the potatoes, and mix everything together, making sure potatoes are coated well.
Bake for 30 minutes.  Then stir everything up, and bake another 15-25 minutes, letting them get golden and crispy.
Add a dusting of sea salt if you'd like.

* From one of Betsy's favorite blogs, What's Gabby Cooking.
 

I'm still at her house, so I had my sister helping on this recipe.  She measured the paprika into a Pinch Bowl while I cubed the potatoes.  She's using a spoon from the Measuring Spoon Set here.  I love how short this ingredient list is because it means I don't have to feel guilty getting help from someone who just had a baby!


Dicing potatoes!  These are on the Large Cutting Board, my favorite cutting board ever!  It has a large surface area, and then it goes right into the dishwasher.  Let's not even get started on its non-slip grippy sides.  Ok, so I'm using the 5" Santoku Knife, which is obviously covered in potato starch, and I'm putting my finished pieces in a Stainless Mixing Bowl.


Big, beautiful pile of potatoes... sign me up!


Potatoes are in the Square Baker, and other ingredients are measured into the Easy Read Mini Measuring Cup, the 1/4-Cup from the Measuring Cup Set, and a Pinch Bowl.


Grab your Mix 'n Scraper, give everything a good toss, and you're done!  Get ready for your house to smell delicious and for your dinner to be divine.  Enjoy!

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464



No comments:

Post a Comment