Thursday, June 23, 2011

Strawberry Trifle

This is quite possibly the world's easiest trifle recipe, and it could also be the best. People ask for the recipe whenever I serve it, and that's got to mean something, right? If you're looking for a great summer dessert that won't heat up your kitchen, this is for you. Hurry and make a beautiful strawberry trifle before the berries are out of season!
(Displayed in Trifle Bowl)

Strawberry Trifle
chefjennylyn.com

2 pounds strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 angel food or pound cake
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pint heavy whipping cream

Prepare strawberries, and slice cake. Mix together remaining ingredients.
Layers: Cake, strawberries, cream mixture. Repeat twice, and top with strawberries.
Refrigerate.
As with most trifles, this is best if prepared several hours in advance.


Lots of big, beautiful strawberries will put you in a great mood every time! These are in the large colander from the Colander & Bowl Set.

When I slice large berries like this, I use the stems as handles to keep my fingers away from my knife. Then I just give a quick cut to the area surrounding the stem so I don't waste anything. I'm using the Large Cutting Board with the 3 1/2" Paring Knife, and my sliced berries are in the Small Batter Bowl. The batter bowls are convenient because their lids can be used if you slice berries ahead of time and assemble the trifle later.

This is just a frozen pound cake I let thaw. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to the trouble of making a pound cake that's going to be cut apart and covered in enough stuff to make people wonder what kind of cake it is anyway. I'm using the 5" Utility Knife from the Forged Cutlery Collection.

The Smooth-Edge Can Opener will be one of your favorite things if you try it. I can't get over how it removes the entire lid, leaving everything smooth and clean. This is especially nice when the ingredient is, oh... I don't know... insanely thick and sticky.

Time for assembly! I beat the cream mixture together in the large bowl from the Colander & Bowl Set, and I'm about to layer it with everything else in the Trifle Bowl. The Mix 'n Scraper will ensure I don't waste any of this creamy, rich goop because that would be tragic. Notice the thick sides of the Trifle Bowl - no chipping here! Also, it's off its removable base so you can see how easily it will fit in the dishwasher. I truly enjoy the Trifle Bowl, and I think every kitchen needs one.

Enter: Trifle Bowl lid awesomeness. The lid and removable base make this a convenient bowl to use for anything you can imagine. It's also got a larger capacity than standard trifle bowls to keep your recipes from hitting the lid and ruining whatever prettiness you've got going on top.

This is a rich trifle, and it's perfect for summer. Layer in some blueberries, and you've got a perfect Fourth of July dessert. Enjoy!

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464

No comments:

Post a Comment