Thursday, November 7, 2013

Asian Broccoli


This is a simple side that's sure to please, and the best part is its ease of preparation.  I'll admit that finding the right vegetables to serve with Asian dishes can be tricky for me, and that's why this recipe struck me as such a win.  Betsy and I chose it to go with the Chicken Yakitori Rice Bowls I made in Houston, and it was perfect!  It has lots of flavor, and it's beautiful on the plate.  Enjoy!

Asian Broccoli
chefjennylyn.com

4 cups broccoli florets
2 tsp. peanut oil
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil

Bring 8 cups of water to a boil, and add broccoli.  Boil 2 minutes, and drain.
Heat a stir-fry skillet over medium heat.  Add peanut oil to pan; swirl to coat.
Add crushed red pepper and garlic, stirring for 30 seconds.
Add broccoli florets; cook 2 minutes.
Stir in salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Toss broccoli in remaining ingredients (soy, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil).




Prep. Prep. Prep.  Garlic and spices are in Pinch Bowls, and I'm using the Measuring Spoon Set for things like red pepper.  My Garlic Press is ready to go, and I've got broccoli in the Small Batter Bowl.  Everything is on a Cutting Mat.


Hello, Garlic Press.  I've loved you for 13 years, and I'm going to keep on loving you.  Thanks for keeping stinky garlic off my hands for so long!


I love this step.  Everything is ready to go, and I'm just going to throw it in the Stir-Fry Skillet when the recipe tells me.  See the Mini Easy Read Measuring Cup?  It's not just cute, friends.  That think is so stinking handy!  I promise you need 1-4 tbsp. of liquids in a recipe a lot more often than you realize, and this is just the tool to measure once instead of two, three, or four times.


You may notice a lack of photographs on this post, but I was making Chicken Yakitori Rice Bowls at the same time.  In my defense, there was a lot going on.  That said, I'm really sorry you're not getting to see what boiling broccoli for two minutes looks like.  Make this broccoli!  You'll like it - I promise!

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464



No comments:

Post a Comment