Thursday, June 14, 2012

DCB Chicken Pasta


I wasn't going to post this recipe because it seems too simple for a food blog, but people ask me for it all the time.  So here it is!  Welcome to the easiest pasta dish in the history of pasta dishes.  No boiling on the stove... no messy sauces... just the Deep Covered Baker, a few minutes in the microwave, and a delicious finished product.  Dinner doesn't get any easier than this.

Deep Covered Baker Chicken Pasta
chefjennylyn.com

16 oz. mini pasta (penne, farfalle, etc.)
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cooked chicken breasts (or more), sliced
Salt / Pepper to taste
Basil to taste (about 1 1/2 tsp.)

Microwave tomatoes and garlic in Deep Covered Baker (covered) 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes burst.  Crush tomatoes with Mix 'n Chop
Add pasta, broth, and seasonings - Microwave 10 minutes.
Stir pasta, and add sliced chicken. - Microwave 6 minutes.

Check to make sure pasta is done, and serve with fresh basil for garnish.

See why I wasn't going to post it to the blog?


Here are all the ingredients... all five or so.  Tomatoes are in a 2-cup Prep Bowl, and seasonings are in a Pinch Bowl.  The Mix 'n Scraper is my tool of choice for stirring, and the Garlic Press, well... I can't do without it.  (You don't have to peel the garlic!)  Everything is on the Large Cutting Board.


I use the Mix 'n Chop for several things... ground beef or sausage in the skillet, guacamole, mashed potatoes, crushing tomatoes, and more.  See how the tomatoes and garlic burst all over the Deep Covered Baker?  I wish I could transmit smells through this blog because - oh, man!


So then you just add the pasta, broth, and seasonings.  Give it a good stir, and microwave everything another ten minutes.  Love the Mix 'n Scraper!


I use the 5" Santoku from the Forged Cutlery Collection more than any other knife.  It's always my first choice, and I move on from there only if it's dirty.


The Beaded Serving Spoon pairs so well with the Deep Covered Baker, doesn't it?  You can see this recipe makes a lot of pasta.  It's an excellent choice when you have several people to feed on a budget, but it's also perfect for those nights when you don't want to heat up the kitchen.  Welcome to June in Alabama, people.

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464


No comments:

Post a Comment