Friday, November 11, 2011

5-Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes

There are times when pumpkin cupcakes from scratch are in order, but there are other times measuring flour, sugar and spices holds little appeal. This is a recipe my friend Courtney shared with me three years ago, and it changed my life. Every time I take these cupcakes somewhere, I'm asked for the recipe and/or the leftovers. Today I went to my grandmother's house to bake with her, and this recipe was perfect. Grandmother was excited to find another treat she can share with people this fall.

5-Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes
chefjennylyn.com

- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin (16 oz.)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Cream cheese icing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix everything (not the icing, of course) in a large bowl, and scoop into muffin liners.
Bake 18-22 minutes for standard size / Bake 12-15 minutes for 2-bite size

Yield 24 standard cupcakes

If you can take your eyes off my adorable grandmother, take a look at the Muffin Pan. This is no typical metal pan you'll find in stores. No, it's heavy duty for even heat distribution and perfect results. I prefer the Stoneware Muffin Pan, but this is nice and lightweight for Grandmother.

Check out the Smooth-Edge Can Opener! The lid is off the can, the edges are smooth, and there's no mess. Eggs and a Classic Scraper are hanging out in a Stainless Mixing Bowl.

The Easy Read Measuring Cups are one of Grandmother's favorite products because she can leave them on the counter while she pours ingredients, and she can read them easily thanks to the slanted measurements.

Grandmother is 83 years old (she doesn't mind me telling you), but she still loves to learn new shortcuts in the kitchen. She was thrilled with the Large Scoop for filling liners. This works for consistent cupcake sizes, but it's also great for preventing drips. Plus, in the words of Grandmother, "It's just fun to use!"

Then Grandmother and I used 2-bite size liners on a Cookie Sheet, and we (she) filled them using the Medium Scoop. We got 15 standard cupcakes and 24 2-bite cupcakes from this recipe!

I iced cupcakes while Grandmother added the recipe to her collection. The Stackable Cooling Rack I'm using is another of Grandmother's favorite items. She uses it every time she cooks, which I think is daily.

After finishing and cleaning, Grandmother and I sat down to enjoy our work. I wish I could tell you I ate my cupcake with a fork like a true lady, but that would be a lie. Do I get points for taking multiple bites instead of shoving the whole thing in my mouth?

Make these cupcakes when you have time because they're fabulous. If you don't have time, make it, and then make these cupcakes. There will be no regrets.

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464


No comments:

Post a Comment