Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Give Me S'more" Brownies

I wish I could take credit for the oh-so-creative recipe title, but that was the Pampered Chef. I was looking through a bunch of old recipe cards and found this gem from 1999. Twelve years on someone's I-should-try-this-sometime list isn't too long, right? Plus, I get a pass for being in high school and college. Welcome to a recipe I'm doing for the first time on the blog. While this is more common than I care to admit, it explains why my results aren't very cute. I wasn't prepared for how gooey these were going to be... you know, because they're just covered in marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. Speaking of all that, let's talk about how to bring those elements together into a fabulous brownie recipe!

"Give Me S'More" Brownies
chefjennylyn.com

4 whole graham crackers
2 Hershey bars
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare brownies according to package directions, and bake 25 minutes in Square Baker.
Coarsely chop graham crackers and candy bars. Mix with marshmallows, and spread over brownies as soon as they come out of the oven. Gently press mixture down. Return to oven, and bake another 5-7 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.

Learning to make brownies from scratch is on my to-do list, but for now I have to stick with box mixes. I attempted scratch brownies a few months ago, but the results were more like fudge than brownies, and they weren't worth the labor. That said, I'm still experimenting, or at least looking to experiment again eventually. For now, my good friend Ghirardelli is ready in the Classic Batter Bowl with a Stainless Whisk prepared to make mixing quick and easy. Oil is measured into an Easy Read Measuring Cup, and eggs are in a Prep Bowl. Both of these little items are on a Cutting Board, of course. Then there's the Square Baker, a Stoneware piece known and loved by many. It's only available in cranberry now, but I have an old school version.


This is how easy it is to make these. Three things, two of which are going to get buddy-buddy with the Food Chopper. Do you have a Food Chopper? I hope so because it's easy to use, and it comes apart to go in the dishwasher. Ok, my mixture of items is in the 4-Cup Easy Read Measuring Cup, which is perfect because I can measure in my marshmallows and then add everything else. Give it a quick stir, and you're good to go! Notice my leftover marshmallows are closed with a Twixit! Clip. I can't say enough about these, but I'll just mention that these marshmallows will still be fresh months from now. That's saying a lot.


Bake the brownies, and pour the fun stuff on top. Pouring with an Easy Read Measuring Cups is simple because of its shape. This is starting to look delicious!

I need to stop and take this picture in for a second. See, it's been two months since I baked these, and I'm reliving it all through this post. This was a good day in my little kitchen.

You can see how the Mini-Serving Spatula aids in brownie removal. Without this little tool, I'd have even more of a mess on my hands.

Yumyumyumyum... Make these soon. April is a perfect month for brownies. So is May if you don't get around to it in the next week. Then, of course, there's June... or twelve years from now.

Like the products you saw used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464


No comments:

Post a Comment