Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Steakhouse Mushrooms


Let me be honest for just a second.  I don't know if I should be proud that I found this recipe or horrified that I enjoy it so much.  I'll just share it and let you be the judge.  Moving on...

Ok, so these were called Italian mushrooms in the magazine I tore them from years ago, but I changed the name to steakhouse mushrooms because I'm classy.  Honestly, they make me think of something I'd get in a nice restaurant, and they pair beautifully with beef.  Make these, and you won't be sorry.  Make them for friends, and you'll be a hero.

Steakhouse Mushrooms
chefjennylyn.com

1 lb. medium fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted (That's a whole stick, folks.)
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix

In a medium pot, layer mushrooms and onion.  Combine butter and salad dressing mix; pour over vegetables.  Cover, and cook on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.  Serve with a slotted spoon. 
(You can also use a slow cooker for this recipe.)



The short ingredient list makes these ideal for those meals you need to take other people.  They've become part of my "You had a baby, so I'll cook for you" rotation because of this and the fact that I don't have to stir constantly, etc.  Here, mushrooms are draining in a Stainless Mesh Colander, and butter is in a 2-Cup Prep Bowl.  As always, my ingredients are resting on the Large Grooved Cutting Board, grooved side down.  I've got the 5" Santoku Knife and Small Mix 'n Scraper ready to go, and the 4-Qt. Stockpot from the Executive Cookware Collection is standing by.


Slicing onions is so simple and easy with the Forged Cutlery Collection.  My method is always to slice top to bottom, cut off the ends, keeping the fuzz, and then make slices.  Cut off the fuzz, and you've got perfectly sliced onions you didn't have to chase all over the cutting board.


Butter is melted in the 2-Cup Prep Bowl and whisked using a Stainless Mini-Whisk.  Have I ever told you how much I adore the Stainless Mini Whisk?  It's a wonderful, wonderful tool that fits all of my small bowls.  Look at those beautifully layered veggies in the pot!  For a brief moment, they'll have you thinking you're about to cook a deliciously healthy side dish.

 
Then this happens.  But seriously, you're serving these with a slotted spoon, so most of that butter gets left in the pan.  Don't be scared.  If you're looking for something simple, comforting, and sure to make your house smell amazing, get these mushrooms going right now.  Let me know how they turn out!
 
 
Like the products used?
Shop Online 24/7 at pamperedchef.biz/jennylyn
E-mail me: chefjennylyn[at]gmail.com
Call me up: (205) 585-2464
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment